In the current economic climate, people don’t have much time to spend on fundraising. We all want fundraising ideas that are quick, easy, and effective.
There are many fundraising ideas available to you. Now is a great time to choose a fundraiser that doesn’t require any start-up costs and that will get your group, team, or club the money you need for fundraisers.
Some of the best simple fundraising ideas are the simplest. Back to basic! Have you considered a bake sale for your upcoming fundraiser? A bake sale could be an excellent way to raise funds.Most people would love to get a pick-me-up with all the bad news in the media right now. Why not meet these needs and make people happy with your fundraiser?
With a bake sale as your next fundraiser, you can start making money with very low startup costs. Brainstorm ideas for bake sale fundraisers to make sales more creative-create fun, unique cookie flavors, add treats that people may not be able to buy in-store for your fundraiser. It’s great to make your pastries extra special so that your friends and family can’t resist your fundraiser.
Tips for your easy-bake sale fundraiser
1. Make creative and beautiful treats that friends, neighbors, and entrepreneurs can’t resist.
2. Ask each member of the group to commit to making and selling a certain number of fundraising treats.
3. Brainstorm with your group about bake sale fundraiser ideas to take your fundraiser to the next level–consider selling at local events or around a holiday like Easter or Mother’s Day to maximise the profits from your fundraiser.
4. Value your treats: Even if you’re raising funds, you want to provide great value to your customers and supporters.Supporters expect to pay a small premium for fundraisers, but don’t break the bank!
Another easy money-raising idea that’s a little healthier but just as fun is a Spinner’s Fundraiser. Without having any money up front, you can start this simple fundraiser that offers the best win rate available in the fundraising industry. Spinner’s Fundraisers are a fun and unique way to get your friends and family to donate to your group’s fundraisers without spending a lot of money.
Donors spin the spinner (which resembles a board of game pieces) to determine an amount to be donated to your group. In exchange for their donation to raise money, each donor receives a valuable sheet of coupons. This simple fundraising idea will make money for your group and put coupons in the hands of your friends and family to save on local restaurants and services. Best of all, this fundraiser can make as much money as your fundraising group desires. Spinners are the first reusable fundraisers, making them a cool “green” fundraising idea.
Tips for your Spinners fundraiser:
1. Encourage each group member to raise a certain amount during your fundraiser and provide regular updates on progress and success stories.
2. Combine the Spinners fundraiser with a Bake Sale fundraiser to maximise your profits.Run the cookie drive while also donating for coupons!
3. Fundraisers with a deadline tend to do better because there is a sense of urgency for your group members to get it done—about 2 weeks of fundraising is usually a good amount of time.
In this tough economy, you can still take easy fundraising ideas and turn them into successful fundraisers. It will take more effort and dedication from your team or group members, but you can still have a super profitable and fun fundraiser!
Jenny Ann is an expert fundraiser and writes exclusively for ABC Fundraising.